- DRUMOCHY, a village, in the parish of Largo, district of St. Andrew's, county of Fife, 2 miles (E. N. E.) from Leven; containing 156 inhabitants. This place is separated from Nether Largo by the mouth of the Keel rivulet, which forms the harbour, opening into Largo bay; the population are chiefly fishermen. The trade in salt, for which there were formerly many works here, has altogether disappeared.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.
Look at other dictionaries:
Temple — 1) TEMPLE, a parish, in the county of Edinburgh, 10 miles (S. S. E.) from Edinburgh; containing, with the village of Gorebridge, and part of Stobbsmills, 1159 inhabitants. The name of this place was derived from an establishment of the… … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland
Largo — LARGO, a parish, in the district of St. Andrew s, county of Fife; containing, with the villages of Drumochy, New Gilston, Kirkton, Lundinmill, Temple, and Woodside, 2751 inhabitants, of whom 423 are in the village of Largo, 3 miles (E. N. E.)… … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland
Largo, Lower — LARGO, LOWER, a village, in the parish of Largo, county of Fife, 4 miles (N. E. by E.) from Leven; containing, with the hamlets of Temple and Drumochy, 567 inhabitants. This village is pleasantly situated, and well inhabited: there are places… … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland